The Good News
Everything we do as a church is centered around the forgiveness we have found through the God’s gift of His Son, Jesus.More than anything else, we want you to know that God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life.
We can’t earn God’s approval by following rules, attending church, or being good people. The only way to have a fulfilling life now and an eternal future in heaven with God is by having a relationship with Jesus Christ.
1)God loves you. Because of God’s love for all people, He wants you to have unbroken fellowship with Him.
(John 3:16, Ephesians 2:4-5)
2) You are a sinner. All persons are “sinners” because we disobey God. Sin is choosing to go your own way and do your own thing as opposed to being obedient to God.
(Isaiah 53:6; Romans 3:10)
3) Sin separates you from God. Sin forms a barrier that prevents you from entering into unbroken fellowship with God who is holy. As a sinner, you can’t have fellowship with God. You are headed for a Christ-less eternity that the Bible calls Hell.
(Isaiah 59:2; Romans 3:23)
4) You can’t save yourself. People often think that through their efforts they can overcome the sin barrier between themselves and God. That isn’t true. There’s nothing you can do to restore the broken relationship with God. You can’t earn God’s salvation.
(Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5; Romans 4:4-5)
5) God sent His son Jesus to remove the sin barrier.
What you cannot do for yourself, Jesus Christ has done for you! Your sin is a barrier between you and God. But the Good News is that Jesus died on the cross for you and then rose from the dead to demonstrate that His payment was acceptable to God. By taking your punishment on Himself, Jesus made a way for relationship with God.
(I Peter 2:23; Romans 5:8; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Romans 10:9)
6) You can receive Jesus Christ through faith.
Faith is trusting in what Jesus has done for you rather than trusting your own efforts to restore fellowship with God. Faith is complete reliance on Christ to put you in right relationship with God, allowing Him to live His life through you. Faith also involves repentance or genuine sorrow for sin and willingness to turn away from sin.
(John 14:6; Acts 16:31; Romans 10:9-10)
7) Through prayer you can trust in Jesus Christ.
Admit to God that you are a sinner. Express sorrow or repentance for your sinfulness. Ask Him to forgive your sins. Invite Jesus into your life as Savior and Lord. Commit yourself to live for Him.
If you just prayed to receive Christ for the first time, please give us a call (706.327.3943) or email us and let us know! We would love to help you grow, because accepting Christ is just the beginning of an awesome life-long journey!